July 12, 2003

today i made a contribution to the community & to my life..
i went downtown, viewed the neato sand sculptures,
made a monetary donation to kids on the block, and had a spicy dog..

and what's more, i did all this with my mother...
all i can say is that i'm still alive & sanity intact..
it's all still very surreal...
... the waking dream....

on a funny note, here's a tidbit of what transpired today:

me: so, where's dad?
mom: (sic) to hit the ball... (that means golf)
me: (no response)
mom: (sing-song voice, getting louder) to hit the ball~~~
random guys sitting on the wall surrounding pioneer square: to hit the bong???
me: (thinking to myself, just keep walking)

luckily she thought they were repeating her,
so i didn't have to lie and say i didn't know what a bong is...

No comments: