June 08, 2004

i was between 3 and 10 when reagan sat in the oval office...
so i won't presume to know him or speculate what kind of person he was..
let's just say he had some good speechwriters..
here are some words we won't be hearing from bush...

"I take full responsibility for my own actions and for those of my administration. As angry as I may be about activities undertaken without my knowledge, I am still accountable for those activities. As disappointed as I may be in some who served me, I'm still the one who must answer to the American people for this behavior. And as personally distasteful as I find secret bank accounts and diverted funds, well, as the Navy would say, this happened on my watch."
-- Remarks given by Reagan regarding the Iran-Contra scandal given in an address to the nation following receipt of the Tower Commission's investigation report in the Oval Office, March 4, 1987

in addition, my grandfather is also ailing from the same illness as ron...
parkinsons... and nancy's a big advocate for research..
behind every seemingly great man, there is an even greater woman..
may he rest in peace and
may she find solace...

No comments: